• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I set up After Effects to always Render in the source folder?

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often move an After Effects file from a previous project's folder into a new folder to keep the template.

I rename it, edit the template, and then render the project.
But when I click "Composition > Add to Render Queue" then click on [filename].mov to see where the file will be saved, it defaults to the location of the old folder/file.

If I change this location and save the file, then close and reopen After Effects, Rendered files will keep being saved to the older folder.

Can I set up After Effects to always Render in the folder where the After Effects file producing the render is located, instead of some old folder?

This is making me lose my mind as I keep forgetting to reassign the folder each time and then never find the rendered file (and it's extremely time consuming)

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi fab-design,

You can specify an output path that is relative to the After Effects project thus the output location will move along with the project. To do this click the down arrow next to Output To on the Render Queue item and select "Custom...". This dialog will allow you to enter a path relative to the project using the Project Folder token available in the dropdown menu.

Cheers,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines