• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I animate this complex rounded path?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Was animating this simple logo using transformed masks when I realized it'd be a bit harder to do with rounded edges. How do I achieve the same style of animation seen on the A, N, and T while adjusting to the curved beziers of the G and R? Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I would recommend using masks and the effect "stroke", its much easier, 

So what you have to do is, using the mask path to show how you want it to start and finish , remember 1 mask for 1 letter, or it wouldn't animate all together, then add the stroke effect, keyframe the End Value of the 'stroke', from 0 to 100, and you should be good to go. 

Assalam Alaikum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to tell you, when you drop in 'stroke' effect, make the size fill up the text, not excessive, but the letters should be covered, then at the end of the effects properties of 'stroke' is a drop down menu, there choose 'Reveal Orginal Image' or something similar, forgot 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As suggested already, use stroke animation either directly or as track mattes for the logo artwork. You may want to find a good "logo reveal" tutorial on some of that stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines