Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a chain of commands?

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all! 

I'm totally new to AE and I wonder how I could automate a laborous task. The task is to perform the same series of around 5-8 steps on 30 videos. Steps include: creating a black silhouette, a white background, cropping the video, muting it, select the right format (avi) and rendering it. 

If I do this manually this will probably take more than 2 hours of work. Any ideas how I could speed that up? 🙂

Thanks a lot in advance, Aaron

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the time I'm replying your post has lingered here for two hours with no answers. You probably could have done it in that time and just moved on. Otherwise there's no way to automate your task in a fashion where you can just push a button and let it run like batch processing in Photoshop. You would have to get into serious scripting. Some automation can of course be had using animation presets and all that, but outside that there's not much you can do. And personally I'd probably not even bother with any of it. Just 30 pieces? That's small fries and I'd just grind through it with a cup of tea. Going out of one's way to automate this really only makes sense if you'd have to do it a hundred times every day. Sitting down to create the script and all the presets would take just as long...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's an AE Tool that allows you to create macros, a set of procedures and save them into a button. I've not tried it but it looks promising if you find yourself doing repetitive tasks in AE. 

Automation Toolkit for Adobe After Effects
https://aescripts.com/automation-toolkit/

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines