• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a "percentage of length" slider that will work in a MOGRT with scaling?

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a slider that represents the percentage of a comp.

onePercentInFrames = (thisComp.duration * 30) / 100;
percentageMoved = onePercentInFrames * thisComp.layer("slider null").effect("Percentage Slider")("Slider");

thisComp.layer("Master Null Move in").transform.yPosition.valueAtTime(time-(percentageMoved/30));

That's the way I achieved it so that the slider controls how far into the comp that the animation starts. This part I can make work.

My issue is: When I export it into Premiere Pro, if I stretch or shrink the clip of the effect at all, that percentage gets thrown off. I'm assuming it's becuase the original MOGRT measures thisComp.duration as a set number upon export, and doesn't change that as I change the clip length in Premiere Pro.

Is there a way to do this? To have the exported slider actually represent the percentage of the length of the clip while it's in Premiere Pro?

As an FYI, I need the same graphic multiple times with quite a range of lengths. I used to measure it in frames and just set the top of the slider to be 3000 frames, but it became really tricky to find the right spot, especially in short uses. The reason I can't just cut it instead of shrinking it is because I have some animation at the end of the clip as well (all in protected ranges) so I can't just cut it in half.

Thanks

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to do this? To have the exported slider actually represent the percentage of the length of the clip while it's in Premiere Pro?

Long and short: No, simply because Premiere has no such native function that could interact with the AE project container, which your clip ultimately is. Outside the MOGRT/ Essential Graphics stuff it's simply just "dumb" clip.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see.

I had a feeling this might be the case. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines