Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Create Dashed Shapes in Shape Layers

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there everyone,

I'm looking to imitate a similar design to this shape using shape layers. Not just with circles, but with rectangles, squares, polystars, etc. I could manually create one with stroke paths, but I'm assuming there's an easier way to create it. 

Maximus24112897je2z_0-1658912483011.png

Thank you, let me know what you think. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

The simplest way would be to use two layers, with the circle layer being the Alpha Track Matte for the lines.  Then parenting them together to make it easier to move.  The actual grid view is easiest to achieve by adding a Repeater from the tiny > menu on the shape layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simplest way would be to use two layers, with the circle layer being the Alpha Track Matte for the lines.  Then parenting them together to make it easier to move.  The actual grid view is easiest to achieve by adding a Repeater from the tiny > menu on the shape layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there Cactus,

This was a great reccomendation and I've been able to create the circle! After toying around with the taper function along with the repeater, I got it to working. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines