• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i edit nation borders

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen videos on youtube where the borders of nations were animated. I can see how they expand or if a nation takes land the animation would show the borders change. I can't figure out what i should do to animate it and i know it can be done in after effects. I've researched this as well and i can't find anything that gives me a hint of how to do it. My question is to you guys how would i do it?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guide , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

So to do this you need to learn about masking and animating masks.

I recommend reading the After Effects manual chapter about Masks - after you've read that you should be able to achieve this easily.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/user-guide.html/after-effects/using/alpha-channels-masks-mattes.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

I think i figured it out by using that path selection. Now i need to figure out how to use the brush tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to upload a file to show the type of animation you want to do. Or include a link to the videos you are talking about. there are hundreds of methods for animating lines and borders so you need to be more specific please. Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to do this you need to learn about masking and animating masks.

I recommend reading the After Effects manual chapter about Masks - after you've read that you should be able to achieve this easily.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/user-guide.html/after-effects/using/alpha-channels-masks-matte...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks i'll definitely take a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think i figured it out by using that path selection. Now i need to figure out how to use the brush tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Angie. Show us what you have and we will advise. From indeed animating the actual anchor points of a vector layer to using all sorts of fancy custom wipes and fades there's any number of techniques to create the illusion of expanding territories.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied to Angie with what i'm looking for. The videos linked show what i'm talking about. I want to make animated borders using a similar technic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines