• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I fix timeline navigation lag?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll preface this by saying it's not playback lag, on the contrary, it runs pretty well despite my spec being on the entry-level of things. Anyhow, the problem lies in navigating the timeline as I use the hand tool on it there's some significant lag like you'd see in 15FPS games. Here are the specs of my laptop:

• GPU - RX 560X (4GB VRAM)
  • CPU - Ryzen 5 3550H (Boost clock 3.7)
  • RAM - 32GB
  • Storage - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB

Those are the basic information, but if further detail is needed such as driver version, or RAM speed, I'll provide them.

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not experienced this sort of lag myself, but when AE does start playing up, first thing I do is clear the cache.  The second thing is check that there's no competing programs using up resources.  When it's happened to me in the past, it is because my anti-virus software is running a scheduled scan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a lot of properties and keyframes open, try to close soem of those. AE is terrible at drawing lots of such interface items. Also if you use time-remapping and expressions consider hiding/ turning those off as well. Sometimes AE flaseley re-evaluates such stuff just scrolling through the timeline or accidentally grabbing a layer when panning with the hand tool.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines