• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make this scrolling animation longer?

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I've only had After Effects for 2 days, never used it before and I don't know anything about video editing... But I have to learn quickly, because I have a project to turn in by Thursday. 

I'm trying to make a website presentation. I found a template that seems perfect for me but I have one problem. I want to make this scrolling animation last longer. As you can see on the video attacged, it doesn't reach the end of the page. I want it to scroll through the entire page from top to bottom but the scene stops in the middle of the page. Could you please give me some advice on how to go about it? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After Effects compositions can contain other compositions.  In theory, all you need to do is go to Composition > Composition settings and increase the duration.  But then you need to extend all the layers to fill up this duration.  Which brings me to the nested / pre-compositions.  This project file has these, then you'll also need to extend those too.

It looks like this project uses an After Effects camera to move across the slides.  To have that go further down, select the camera, then hit U to expose any keyframes on it.  Then you should be able to alter the final position so that it reaches the bottom of the webpage.

Adapting projects can be very tricky and it's not a great introduction to After Effects - as it ends up coming across as difficult to use.  Take a look at some of these videos, which shows you how this project maker has set up their project:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=after+effects+2.5d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines