• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I replace background? in After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey i have a 3D model of an elevator opening its doors but i want to replace the solid background with a video. How do i place the background video behind the elvator door while the door is opening? please help thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 4.22.25 PM.png

TOPICS
How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is no camera movement, you can animate a matte that makes a hole in the footage, then distort your replacement layer with Corner Pin or make it a 3D layer and move it into position. It's called Rotoscoping.

If there is camera movement, you'll need to do some tracking, apply that data to your Rotoscope, and apply it to the background plate (layer).

If we knew a little more about your shot, we could give you a more concise workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! can you tell me more about animating a matte how do i start?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just create a mask using the Pen tool (g), and then press Alt/Option + m to set the first keyframe, move down the timeline until the action pauses or changes direction, and adjust the mask. Repeat looking for arcs in the motion, then fix any places where the matte does not follow the motion quickly. 

Here's a tutorial that shows basic Roto using a solid layer with a blend mode so you can easily see through it and a motion-stabilized shot of a dog. It might get you started.

My Quick Tips Playlist

If there is a lot of camera motion in your shot, you can also use Mocha AE to track the motion and create the roto masks. 

That should get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines