• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you create outlines in mask form to an image

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was watching a video from Video Copilot on the saber plug-in (https://youtu.be/reSXGxkyr0k 17:37), and he has made some outlines in the form of a mask on a image. I was wondering how to do this as it is not explained.

Thanks.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Auto-trace in the Layer menu is a quick way to get outlines.  For an effect like saber which you'll probably want slightly soft edges for, it works quite well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever method you see fit - copy & pasted directly from Illustrator, copy & pasted from an imported and converted shape layer, copy & pasted from a converted text layer. I suggest you read the online help on the various methods of dealing with vector-based data in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Auto-trace in the Layer menu is a quick way to get outlines.  For an effect like saber which you'll probably want slightly soft edges for, it works quite well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines