• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you reset the layout of AE to the original size (include the size of the windows)?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidently expanded my composition window way too wide. I wasn't trying to change it.

default9vvcyoqmh88r_0-1626387227411.png

When I try resetting workspace, nothing happens because everything is technically in the right spot. Any help on resizing the comp window back to normal?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi default9vvcyoqmh88r,

Thanks for reaching out.

After Effects's interface is customizable. Here's a YouTube video that should help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD0USs8oVig&ab_channel=MOBOXGraphics

If you want to reset everything to the default, you can reset the preferences (I don't think it's necessary). Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-... 

Let us know if this is not what you're looking for.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CTRL + \ or CTRL +ALT + \ should do the trick. These Maximize AE's App Window or displays the entire app window including project path details. HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the Window/Workspace/Reset "Your Chosen" Workspace to default values Menu Or simply double click the current workspace in the toolbar and choose Yes. This workspace is about as fouled up as I can make it and it's reset in a couple of seconds.

resett workspace.gif

You should also expand the workspaces in the tool bar and edit the ones that are visible in the tool bar by just dragging them around. Workspaces are a fabulous time saver. This is how mine are setup.

Edit Tool Bar.png

 

Workspace Bar Edit.png

The expressions workspace is a custom workspace I created and saved just for writing expressions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines