• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you turn off an adjustment layer temporarily?

Engaged ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AntDX316_0-1654979607106.png

Not like completely off so I can adjust what is underneath. I want to readjust the position but I need to be able to "see" underneath.

Opacity it seems.

TOPICS
Crash , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Expressions , Freeze or hang , How to , Import and export , Performance , Preview , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable all FX? Button is next to motion blur/frame blending, etc.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the eyeball on the layer. It works for all layers, including adjustment layers. 

If you need to turn off the Fast Blur, the FX switch is in the Effects Control Panel or in the timeline.

I don't see your entire timeline so I don't know if an adjustment layer is the most efficient way to do what you are trying to do. Many times it is the least efficient workflow. If you still need help, please show us the entire timeline with the modified properties (press 'uu') of the problem layers revealed. It is pretty hard to tell what is going on with screenshots are cropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jqke @Rick Gerard I will still keep the ellipse outline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's what I'm thinking disabling all fx would do. I think it would still show the masks and stuff.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've lost the composition as I didn't save it after successfully doing the render but did keep some notes.

I think I've tried disabling the effects to see what is underneath but it covered up the circle.

AntDX316_1-1655051332894.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm pretty sure you have to select the layer to view the mask circle. Either way, disabling the layer and disabling fx does the same thing in this case.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines