Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How get "cymatics" render like Chladni Plate

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to get a cymatic (chladni plate, experiment sound) effect on After Effects.
You can see an example here : https://youtu.be/wvJAgrUBF4w?t=45

I tried with Particular but I don't get this "sand" effect, do you have advices / ideas to get this render please ?

Thank you and have a nice day
Julien

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cladmic patterns are hard to re-create since they're based on the overalpping waves. That said, you should be able to get something going in Particular by using mask-based emitters and also using those same masks as force attractors. It will just take experimentation. Similarly, of course a lot of this can be faked in a "static" particle system like Form by simply animating the underlying displacment and parameter maps in a pre-composition, mixed in with a bit or Fractol Noise for a hint of random motion. The mirroring can easily be achieved with CC Kaleida or Repetile.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines