• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How much RAM do I need to use a client monitor with AE?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Trying to hook up a client monitor for After Effects but after seeing a few seconds of moving footage, I keep getting a "Unable to allocate memory" error message (due to lack of RAM?). I have managed to squeeze 96GB in already....but still AE crashes out. I only have room to get it up to 128GB - does anyone out there think this will work or might it be something else in my config?

Guessing you might need more infor about my setup but before I bore you with all that, anyone else out there found similar issues and (hopefully!) managed to cure them?

Cheers!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pretty much all memory errors have nothing to do with actual lack of RAM. They are simply bad drivers and leaky configurations. However, as you realized yourself, without any actual system information we can't really tell you much. From buffer issues in graphics drivers to problems with audio driver to Mercury simply losing the connection to an external monitor halfway through this could be anything. You really have to provide more specific details. In fact this could even be just a cache issue or a problem with your footage due to a specific CoDec you may be using (RED or whatever).

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines