how to add random colour expression to HUE

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community 

How can I add expression to the HUE. The colour as seen in the HUE slider starts from blue and ends in teal and starts from blue again. I would like if possible an expression which when the HUE starts again, it can be another colour other than Blue.

StefanCargoski_0-1651196904983.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022
You can use a couple of them: random (a,b) where "a" and "b" are the range of values you want to use wiggle (a,b) where "a" is how many osicllations per second do you want to use and "b" the magnitude of the values. Those values depends on the base color you are using. My advice is to use the Color Balance HLS and try to change the HUE parameter till you find the "blues" you need. Then use that value for any of the expressions.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. It's a custom UI control that doesn't have any hooks for expressions. You have to use another effect like Fill and address the standard color control in it, meaning you have to re-create the Hue/ Sat functionality using your own formula.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested by Mylenium, you can use any other effects like Fill to drive that. If you want to preserve your saturation and lightness for the base color, then the Color Balance HLS is your best option. You can use the expression into the Hue parameter to control the color ranges.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the Tip, can you please tell me what expression to code to write here?

StefanCargoski_1-1651231409374.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use a couple of them:

random (a,b) where "a" and "b" are the range of values you want to use

wiggle (a,b) where "a" is how many osicllations per second do you want to use and "b" the magnitude of the values.

Those values depends on the base color you are using. My advice is to use the Color Balance HLS and try to change the HUE parameter till you find the "blues" you need. Then use that value for any of the expressions.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines