• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to animate a illustrator blend in after effects?

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stylized a logo in illustrator using the blend option, now i want to animate it in after effects is there a way to do this? i attatched some screenshots to illustrate how i want the animation to kinda look. i wanna make it look like the light is changing perspective. Thank you in advance!

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 15.29.18.pngScreenshot 2023-05-11 at 15.29.23.pngScreenshot 2023-05-11 at 15.29.36.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would simply use the black outline and slap on one of the five million light ray effects out there, including CC Lightburst which comes with AE, Trapcode Shine, Sapphire Rays and what have you. More to the point you'd apply the effect to an inverted white version of the logo and then play with the parameters.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want actually animate a blend in Illustrator, try this:

Here's an earlier version of the same idea. I've been doing this kind of Illustrator to Video animations since you could import an AI file as a composition. 

But as Mylenium said, if you just want a moving light rays effect, the easiest and most powerful solution is Trapcode Shine or any of the other effects he mentioned. You just need to start with a logo without the light ray blend and the appropriate effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines