• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to apply text animation to a composition?

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a question about an After Effects project, where there is a text layer in a composition, this composition in turn is also with several texture layers in a composition.

My problem now is that if I edit or animate the text layer underneath, for example with -> Animator> Range Selector> and set keyframes for an animation in “Tracking Amount”, the texture remains of course, not fixed on the text animation.
Unfortunately, this text animation does not work on a composition, but I would like to animate the text underneath, but without it looking like the texture is moving around, so that it remains fixed on the animation of the text.
I am not very familiar with After Effects, maybe someone can help me or give me a tip on how to use this animation on a main composition?

Thanks a lot for the help in advance!

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's simply not possible that way. If you really need things to be adaptible, you would have to readjust it every time and work with multiple duplicates of layers. You could do it reasonably simply in Cinema 4D by applying a texture and nailing it down with a "pin texture" tag, but otherwise it's simply going to be much more work to the point where you may need one layer per letter. Similarly, you could get soem of that stuff with Elment 3D and other 3D-ish plug-ins, but those cost extra, of course. It's a trick AE just hasn't learned yet.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thank you very much for the quick answer!
Is there maybe another general effect for this type of text animation that I can apply to a composition? That would actually be the easiest for this spacing or stretching effect on the composition. Or maybe a plugin?

Thank you very much in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines