• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to center text in this template?

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you in advance for your time. I am looking to center this text in an Ae template for a video I am editing. In the photo the word Twilight is behind some sort of mask, it keyframes up and out from behind this for the template, but I would like to move the whole thing down so it is in the center of the frame. I can move the text but I'm unsure of how to move what I think is a mask, to lover the text and the animation. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.

LukeHyde_0-1680781598841.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

The simplest solution would be to pre-compose both layers and then adjust the position. You will have to reveal the shy layers before you do that. 

Another option would be to add a Null and parent both layers to the null, then move the null.

If I could see all the modified properties of all layers, I could give you a couple of other suggestions. Just turn off Hide Shy Layers, select all layers and press the U key twice and post another screenshot, and we can offer some other suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by toggling off the shy guy icon to reveal all other layers. And the layers use mattes as indicated by the additional icons. You may want to read the online help on soem basics.

Track Mattes and Traveling Mattes

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This helped, I wasn't aware of tracking mattes and traveling mattes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simplest solution would be to pre-compose both layers and then adjust the position. You will have to reveal the shy layers before you do that. 

Another option would be to add a Null and parent both layers to the null, then move the null.

If I could see all the modified properties of all layers, I could give you a couple of other suggestions. Just turn off Hide Shy Layers, select all layers and press the U key twice and post another screenshot, and we can offer some other suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up precomposing and that worked perfectly, the project is to be delivered tomorrow so your adviced helped a ton! I am still curious what other suggestions you have if you are willing to answer, here is the screenshot. Thank you so much!

LukeHyde_1-1680828319384.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines