• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the size of a layer on a composition

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to AE, but not to AI. I'm currently saving assets from Illustrator and pulling them into AE.

I have set the artboard of the composition. When I drop an asset onto the composition and want to animate it (Eg make a branch bend from left to right) the shape seems to be stuck in a masked area so it will bend out of shot. I have tried to edit the size but it will take me to the composition artboard to size and not the layer I want to size.

cutting layer.png

I can click into the layer, see the size of the artboard but I can't increase that layer size.

Kel273620670aq6_0-1669774871646.png

How can I increase the size of the layer artboard so that when I animate the shape, it doesn't get cut by what looks like a mask?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi in the layer section in the menu check there you find a setting for changing the size...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I click into the layer, that option is greyed out. It seems like a basic thing I should be able to do but I cannot find how to increase the area to work in.

kelneigh_0-1669840541829.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to read the online help on the basics. You imported the artwork with the document size option, so it gets cropped. You need to import it with the layer size.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines