• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change tint the same way as in InDesign?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear Adobe users,

I am struggling to find a quick way in AE to change the tint of a color the same way as in InDesign. Probably missing out something really obvious. I am attaching a screenshot from InDesign of the feature I mean. 

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike ID AE doesn't assume any background/ paper color to anything, so technically you can't generate "real" tints. It's all handled via tweaking layers' opacities, blending modes and of course adjusting the colors directly in the color pickers where available. If you have a specific scenario where this won't work you have to explain in more detail.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I guess I will have to use a workaround then to get the same color such as importing a picture containing the color from Indesign to AE. I thought there might be a quicker and more reliable way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines