• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to continue an animation between compositions in After Effects?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I seamlessly continue my animation in After Effects from one composition to another while maintaining the same animation?

Example: how can I make this square continue to the next composition?

defaultoq37bwm38mv1_0-1677116238574.png

Noticed that my square is extending beyond the composition using the position keyframe. I want to know how I can continue the position keyframes to connect to the other composition. I'm not entirely confident in explaining this as I'm new to using After Effects.

Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks, 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you have to do is copy the layer and paste it into a new composition, then keep the same speed in the move and adjust the layer's position in the timeline. I do this kind of thing all the time when I have two shots that need to match up when they are cut together seamlessly. I rarely have more than one shot in a comp, but I often have moving elements that must continue to the new comp. 

Another option is to open the composition settings, extend the length of the comp long enough to include all of the movement in the problem layer, then Split the layer, or layers where you want the new comp to begin, duplicate the comp in the Project Panel, then set the work area to the cut points and trim the comps to the work area. This will give you seamless edits between compositions. 

If those suggestions don't make any sense, we need to see the modified properties of the problem layers (select and press 'uu'), and we need a description of the action in the scene. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the follow-up. It works!

regards,

*Anthony Lucifero*
Graphic Designer / Brand Stylist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines