• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Copy/duplicate a comp and add to Final Render?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, im sorry for this newbie question but i watched 3 tutorials for after effects and googled this but i didnt find this topic and dunno anymore how to find/fix this i really have no patience anymore 😞 sitting some hours and still dunno....

i will post this pic

i could duplicate the LOADING comp, and edited the text, normally it is only 1 LOADING comp. in the final render i wanted to add Loading2 after Loading, BUT! i dont see the loading comp in the final render at all in the list below, but it is shown in the render. where is it hidden? and how to add Loading2 to the final render? 😕

hope someone can help me out! i really am desperate now. thx

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your screenshot is cropped on the left edge. All layers are nested comps with the original name (the name is in square brackets). Layer 1 and 2 are turned on, Layer 3 is turned off, Layer is turned off, but the audio is on, and Layer 5 is turned off.  

The only nested comps (Layers) that will be included when you render the Final Render comp are Layer 1, Layer 2, and just the audio from Layer 3.

The only Loading and Loading 2 compositions I see are in the Project Panel. Neither of them are included in the Final Render comp. Both the Timelines are open, but you must select the tab to view the comp. The Composition panel will switch to the active timeline unless you have locked it. Unfortunately, you cropped the screenshot, so I cannot see if there are tabs in the Composition Panel or if it is locked.

I do not see anything unusual in your screenshot except the two layers that are off. I am sorry that I can not be of more help. I have no idea what you are trying to change or modify. There is nothing unusual in your screenshot.

If you are new, have only watched three tutorials, and have not read the manual, you are only scratching the surface of an application with one of the most complex user interfaces and workflows I have ever seen. Spend some time in the Learn Workspace to figure out how the UI works, then spend some time with the User Guide to get a handle on the basics. Watch out for YouTube tutorials from enthusiasts who have discovered or copied visual effects or motion graphics recipes. Most of their explanations lack detail, some of the workflows are pretty inefficient, and many tutorials they produce will only work with one type of shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines