• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to customize workspace in After Effects.

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the title, I'm not exactly sure what it's called. But I want to resize the panel highlighted (the one at the bottom) to make it so that I have more space for the timeline. Kind of make it half and half on my screen. Please let me know if it's possible. Thank you!

Title edited by Mod.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Window/Workspace/Learn and take 10 minutes to learn how the UI works. It's a self-guided tutorial.

Resizing the panels is as easy as hovering over the intersections, observing the cursor change, then clicking and dragging. Changing the number of columns in the timeline is as simple as clicking on the icons in the bottom left corner of the timeline panel and/or using the Column menu with a right-click, or using Shift + F4 to show or hide the Link/Parent column.

* The "Drag & Drop here..." area is buggy and should not be used to share images. Please use the toolbar or just drag your images to the reply field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're talking about undocking the panel (right-click on the 3 horizontal lines next to the titles, and choose undock).  You can then drag the panel around the workspace and you'll see various elements turn blue.  Let go and the timeline will be placed there.  When you're happy with the layout, go to Window and choose Save Layout (or save new layout) so that should everything get reset, you can get back to the layout you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi defaultz4x2gh9zdf7u,

Thanks for writing in.

Here's a YouTube video that should help you with resizing the panels and customizing your workspace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD0USs8oVig&ab_channel=MOBOXGraphics

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines