• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to delete the mask cause by pupppet pin?

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm new to AE, and I have some trouble using the puppet pin tool. I was trying to make the object bend while rotating. However, the pins don't move with the object and there was a mask that will block over the object. I wonder how can I deal with the problem. I attach the screen recording down below. Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layers with Puppet Pin animations have any transform animations (position, scale, rotation, anchor point) after the mesh has been created. The mesh is created as soon as you add the second pin it does not move with the layer. It is fixed. It renders before Transformations.

If you need to animate the Puppet Pin layer, there are two options. The first is to add the Transform effect after you add Puppet Pin. The second is to pre-compose the layer, making sure you move all attributes to the new composition. Several effects behave in the same manner. Pre-composing changes the render order so that the movement is applied after the effects are. 

If you are ever confused by render order, just expand the layer in the timeline. Masks are first, then Effects, then Transformations. Layers also render from the top down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your help! I think I figured it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines