• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to easily tell which file/asset is not being used in any compositions?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way in AE to easily tell which file/asset is not being used any of the compositions in a project? I'm making a slide show and I like to know which image has not been used in the current project's compositions so that I can use that image in another slide show project. It's a pain to go through each compositions/timeline and determine which image hasn't already been used and manually moved those images to another another project.

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File --> Dependencies --> Collect Project. Check the options to only collect stuff actually used and then use the collected project or clean up based on the report and the other options available in this menu.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you mean "Collect Files..."?

collect-files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yepp, what I meant. Sorry for the mix-up. 🙂

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines