• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to extend the Range/Mask? Text is cut off

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear community, i watched some tutorials and downloaded some templates and am learning After Effects but i dont get this sadly 😞

here i added a test text and as you can see it is cut off

is there a way to extend this range?

appreciate the help 🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cropped screenshots do not tell us anything about the structure of the composition. If the text is cut off, there is a track matte, a mask, or a text animator somewhere that is not properly set up. 

To troubleshoot the problem, solo the layer with the problem. If all of the text shows up, then there is a track matte or a masked layer above the text layer. If the layer is still cropped, press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties. You could have an effect like Set Matte applied to the layer, or there could be a Text Animator applied. If there is a bounding box around the soloed layer, then the layer is a nested comp, and it is smaller than the text, or Collapse Transformations is turned off. 

If you cannot figure it out, we need a screenshot that shows everything modified (uu) and maybe even a flow chart to be of much help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Thx so much i uploaded 3 new pics 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text being cut off that sharply could indicate any number of things, but as Rick already said, your screenshot is not in any way useful to understand the problem. a screenshot of the full interface or at least the timeline would be required with the layer in question selected and of course a link to the template project's download might already hugely demystify things.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit, i added 3 new pics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, have you actually fixed the expression errors? Could easily be that they simply control a matte or other layer that controls the clipping of the text. Your screen shots still don't tell us much beyond that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thx a lot, is there maybe a tutorial or something where i can check which could issue that? i dont know sadly 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines