• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fill holes in a matte?

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use some auto roto tool but it creates holes of various size in mattes. How do I fill them using After Affects?

Some effect? Plugin? Or techinque?

No need to inform me of manual roto being the best. I just need to plug the holes in the decent roto to bring the eyes back. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose what you need is to learn how to use a tracking tool that allows you to add a small element that covers those holes. My suggestion is that you take a look at the use of Mocha Ae. 

Using Mocha for Tracking and Clean Up in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Mocha Pro.That's not a bad idea. I might use in the future but I can't see working for some cases and current case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Depends on the actual footage but you might be able to do a simple, rough mask of both eyes on a copy of the original as the top layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I would but the eyes are all over the place skewed and in perpective cos the chracters moves a lot

The best solution I found so far is the auto trace the holes and then expand them a few pixels on a new layer but it doesn't works on small holes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines