• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix AEXD plugin failure and error (48::72) ?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kai5C32_3-1630684498742.png

kai5C32_4-1630684543635.png

I have these popups when I turn on After Effects. May I know are there anywhere I can reinstall the plugins? How can I fix the "Couldn't find main entry point for AEXD.aex (48::72)" error? Any help would be much appreciated. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0/MediaCore

rename MediaCore to MediaCore-old

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!
It really works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know what AEXD.aex exactly does. But after deleting it from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Public the Popup issue got resolved. Please try it on your own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I relocated the AEXD.aex file elsewhere (just for back-up) It worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure where can I get the plug-in, or is there no harm in leaving it like this. There has been no replies for a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, can't export project form XD into AE - I suppose these problems are connected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you solve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This plug-in is installed with the Adobe XD. I don't think it'll cause any issue other then preventing you from exporting Adobe XD files to After Effects.

Could you try doing a clean installation on After Effects and XD using the Adobe Cleaner tool.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Removing the plugin created by the new XD update worked for me! 

go to - "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Public\"AEXD-44.0.12.7"

and remove "AEXD-44.0.12.7"

Just keep a copy elsewhere and test it out! hope this works for you.

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Elizabeth, it worked for me as well!

Just to add infos, the problem occurred me only with AE 16.1.3 (AE 2019), not with AE 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing! Good luck 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, thank you very much, it worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome! ✌🏽

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, if you remove the plugin that's causing problem then you won't get any more warning messages.
If you remove it, you won't be able to export from XD to AE.
I need to know if there is a fix for it.
I don't know if one can fix it on his/her end unless, of course, it's Adobe's fault and only they can fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Elizabeth, its working properly without showing any error. Thanks a lot for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED....

Hi there..!

I too faced the similar scenario having those warning and error pop-ups while launching After Effects 2019.

Scenario:- 

On my laptop

- I had already installed and updated Adobe XD to it's latest version.

- I have then installed Adobe After Effects 2019

Trial 1:- 

- I have uninstalled Adobe XD completely via Creative Cloud application.

(in the background that specific file from "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Public\AEXD-45.1.62.3\AEXD.aex" was removed....Obviously😄)

- I then launched Adobe After Effects 2019, it got launched perfectly WITHOUT those warning and error pop-ups.

I WAS HAPPY :party_popper:

Trial 2:- 

- I then installed back Adobe XD via the same Creative Cloud application.

- I then again launched Adobe After Effects 2019, it got launched perfectly WITH  WITH  WITHHHHHH those warning and error pop-ups

WELL...THEN I KNEW HOW TO BE HAPPY AGAIN...! 🤔

I then completely uninstalled Adobe XD, because currently there was no requirement for me to export from Adobe XD >> Adobe After Effects 2019

BBBBBBUUTTTT..........

If you wish to have Adobe XD, on your machine, I would suggest that you can rename that AEXD.aex plugin with some aplhabetical file extension, like AEXD.aex.xy, then Adobe After Effects 2019 will open WITHOUT those warning and error pop-ups....anddd.......you can use Adobe XD seamlessly for your UX or any other work.

Also I have noticed that Adobe XD, irrespective of having that renamed plugin file back from imaginary file extension to AEXD.aex form, and re-launching Adobe XDAdobe After Effects 2019 nor Adobe After Effects 2021, exporting to After Effects option inside Adobe XD shows an error, even if it is a line/path. Basically I can't export from Adobe XD >> Adobe After Effects 2021 (and also there was no requirement for me to EXPORT from XD>>AE)

-----

Hope I helped in some way 🙂

Thank you

-----

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy and replace the driver file "OpenCL.dll " to the catalog:

C:\Windows\System32

The problem of errors in Adobe After Effects CC 2015-2022 like "Couldn't find main entry point for Pro X-Element.aex ( 48 :: 72 )" solved. Checked only on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I get that file to copy and replace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines