• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of bending on CC Sphere/create a symbol?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm somewhat new to AE but I'm working on a project that requires me to create a peace sign on a globe and then have it morph into a letter. I created the map design for the globe in Illustrator and then applied the CC Sphere effect in AE. I then added in the peace sign shape as a shape but can't figure out how to stop the ends of it from bending on the globe. Even when I expand the width of the anchor points on the end of each part of the sign, they still angle inwards (see below); is there a way to work around this or another way to make this happen? It looks super warped/not like a peace sign and the letter is even less legible because of this effect. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is how a spherical texture map works. If you want to avoid it, simply don't apply the peace symbol to the effect. It's a bad design idea in the first place, anyway. Simply leave it 2D on top of the earth and match the radius of the symbol to that of the sphere.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines