How to get rid of the error: [effect name] return invalid max_result_rect from PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER(25::237)

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running After effects 14.2.0.198 on a Mac Pro(Late 2013) running 10.10.5, and have been having this error for the last 6 hours or so:

[effect name] return invalid max_result_rect from PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER(25::237)

After searching on the web and this community, I tried restarting AE, updating AE, restarting my Mac, purge all memory and disk cache, reset AE preferences, rearrange the effects order, put HSL effect before the effect in the error message.

I am using third-party effects, they are all built-in AE effects like corner pin, fast blur, levels, HSL, curves.....etc

None of them work.

Any idea to get rid of it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I've found that if you put some effects before deep glow it makes this error. I had S_Blurmocurves after Deep Glow and it kept making this error but I soon found out on my own by disabling the effects and figuring out Deep Glow is very sensitive 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the same error for me (OSX 12.3.1/M1 Max 64 GB/AE 22.3.0) 😞
...also on 18.4.1 and on my other machine (OSX 12.3/MBP 15.1/AE 22.2.0)
...caused by the Shift Channels Effect i used for a simple RGB-Split.
Tried a lot of the things mentioned here (BPC, Adaptive Resolution Settings, Grow Bounds, etc.)
Nothing...

Interestingly the Separate RGB Plugin by Rowbyte produces the same error.

please...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've been able to solve it.

In my case it was because I had an effect (Roughen Edges) applied on two different Adjustment Layer.

Disabled one of them. Solved. 

If not, try and error. Just keep trying to disable layers or effects in the problematic comp until you find out whats the effect causing troubles.

Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I fixed it. Just change your preset by going to Composition Setting and try to change to another one (preset)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got the error when i tried to change the originl resultion or when i put this comp in any other comp. i prerender the comp and use the render in my other comps

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines