• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Interpret footage for multiple clips?

New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a bunch of clips (Not Comps) that are 23.96 fps but I want to bulk interpret the footage to 24 fps, but AE doesn't let me do it, I have to do it one by one and I have over 300 clips.

Any way to change this in bulk with a script? Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Change the interpretation once, then use the Rember Interpretation and Apply Interpretation functions from the right-click menu. Basics! You may want to read the online help.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this works:

var myFootageItem;
for (var i = 1; i <= app.project.numItems; i++){
	if (app.project.item(i) instanceof FootageItem){
		myFootageItem = app.project.item(i);
		if ((myFootageItem.mainSource instanceof FileSource) && ! (myFootageItem.mainSource.isStill)){
			myFootageItem.mainSource.conformFrameRate = 24;
		}
	}
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the interpretation once, then use the Rember Interpretation and Apply Interpretation functions from the right-click menu. Basics! You may want to read the online help.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With my upcoming extension Automation Blocks you can create these kinds of scripts in no time by combining blocks instead of writing code. Here is one that I just wrote for your task: It shows a dialog where you can enter a new frame rate and then applies this frame rate to all currently selected footage items:

Screenshot 2022-05-31 at 09.40.18@0.5x.jpg

I will add this script to our community library.

We will start a public beta for Automation Blocks this week - most likely already tomorrow.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines