• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a “shimmer”?

Participant ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a still image of a cheetah eating an antelope.  I'd like to make the raw red meat part shimmer and oozing with blood.  All of my attempts to use CC Light Sweep are not getting what I want.  I've tried Liquidfy.  Of course, when I say "try", it could easily be that if I had other options, it would be better.  I've also searched a bit for third party plugins but none seem to be what I'm wanting.

How would you go about making red meat ooze with blood.  The objective is to have a somewhat subtle effect but have that effect be rather gruesome.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Personally, I would use Lumetri and to isolate the red color, enhance it, and then create a matte to isolate just the meat. Then I would animate the color correction a bit and add a couple of other effects. You should be able to create a track matte. Here are a couple of screenshots. The first one is setting up volumetric to enhance the red color using HSL secondary:

Setup Lumetri.png

The second is the adjustments using the color wheels:

Color Correct.png

The last is the final product using Set Matte to create a matte for a copy

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot/ reference frame of the image you work with might help as might a similar screenshot of your current results.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the original image and then the second is masked around the meat with a CC Light Sweep.  I thought maybe if I had 3 of them dancing and moving it would work but it just doesn't.

Thank you very much for all your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Turbulent Displace and/or Vector Blur.  You should be able to get some subtle movement with those effects.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I would use Lumetri and to isolate the red color, enhance it, and then create a matte to isolate just the meat. Then I would animate the color correction a bit and add a couple of other effects. You should be able to create a track matte. Here are a couple of screenshots. The first one is setting up volumetric to enhance the red color using HSL secondary:

Setup Lumetri.png

The second is the adjustments using the color wheels:

Color Correct.png

The last is the final product using Set Matte to create a matte for a copy of the footage with Bevel and Emboss layer styles set to animate with expressions. 

bloody.gif

That's just one idea. There are a dozen ways to do something similar, but they all involve creating a matte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!  I will try this out.  It will probably take me a few days.  I only get to do this for 'fun' and I have much to learn.  But your final results is exactly what I was hoping for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Rick. A slightly more intense color correction is pretty much all I would add here. If at all a slight pumping effect could perhaps be added as well with a Displacment Map effect, but I wouldn't go too crazy.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines