• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make an animation of individual letters in a word falling? Is this even possible?

Contributor ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to make an animation in which the letters in a word, for example, carrot "fall" into a bowl. I know how to do this by animating each character individually, but I wanted to know if there was a way to do this to letters in a word. 

I've been playing with the Wiggle expression under Animate and I can't gain enough control to make the letters fall in order (I'd like the last letter to fall first up to the first to simulate their being "cut".)

Since I'm learning how to use AE, I'm not looking for a plug in but to learn how to do this myself -- if it's even possible. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Each character on its own layer will provide you with the most option, control - you're on the right track. There's nothing much about having an elegant set of KFs - most important is how things look in the Comp Panel. HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines