• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Make Top of Text Align with Path

New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my text in after effects following a path. How would I adjust the text so that instead of the bottom of the text following the path, the top of the text would follow the path instead? Essentially I want the text to be hanging off the path instead of resting on top of it. The "bro" text is on its own path.

The first image is what after effects is showing, the second is the mockup I made, and the third is to show any adjustments I already made on the "bro" layer.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

You can also add an animator for position. Then offset the vertical position in that animator. This way you can move your letters from top to bottom of the mask path.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Play around with the baseline shift in the character panel. Otherwise xconsider offsetting the path by copy & pasting it over to Illustrator and using the offset outline function, then expand and paste the modified path back.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use the baseline shift adjustment in the Character panel to offset the text from the path. It is the bottom left tool in the control panel located just above the large T (Faux Bold) switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also add an animator for position. Then offset the vertical position in that animator. This way you can move your letters from top to bottom of the mask path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines