• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to morph 2 animated png sequences for a seamless transition.

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering how to morph 2 png sequences to create a sealess transition between the animations. I was thinking of going about this through autotrace and the reshape effect. But I'm not entirely sure how to do this or if theres a better option. I've seen tutorials for mophing between just 2 pngs through this method but in that theres only one mask created for both images. When I autotrace my animations theres an insane amount of masks created so I'm not entirely sure how to progress or if this is the best method. I'd be greatful for any advice or tips on this Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reshape only does linear moves on static imagery. Anything else will require different techniques like manually warping images with other distortion effects, animating a s**t ton of masks and shape paths or buying advanced morphing plug-ins. Without seeing what needs to transition to what we can't be more specific. Show us some images.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would start with a new comp that contains only the last frame of the first video (your png sequence) and the first frame of the second video on the second layer. The comp should be as long as you want the transition, plus a couple of frames. 

The next step would be to figure out which elements or objects in each layer you would want to try and blend and start fiddling with hand-drawn masks instead of auto-trace and Reshape or even just any of the distortion tools to bend things until you get the halfway point between the two images that are fairly close and can be camouflaged by blurs, glows, color corrections or additional layers with morphing and bending shapes. 

I can't give you any more specific suggestions unless I can see the last and first frames you are working with.

I've morphed a sunrise in the mountains into a sunset at the beach by just bending the mountains and a bunch of blurs and some blend modes. I've turned a shot inside a paper mill into a truck driving off with a warp to a funnel and slid into the back of a truck. I have even had a character walk around a corner in San Francisco's China Tow and end up in Times Square so that it looked like one continuous shot. The most effective transformation or transition depends on the story you are trying to tell with the cut. If it's just eye candy, about anything will do. 

When you get this short transition comp working, drop it in the main comp between the two original shots or drop it in Premiere Pro and see how the transition plays. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines