Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move a text along a circle path?

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

as illustrated in the attached gif, I need to insert a text in each of the five blue blocks that go around the circumference and make the text follow the same position of the blue blocks.

how can I do? one a mask? text animator?

thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply rotate the layer? Not sure why this needs to be more complicated than that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just haven't considered using the text like this instead of transporting it along a path.
anyway it's a great idea

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could give you an efficient workflow if I saw the timeline that created the graphic. In simplest terms, create a text layer with a mask centered on the Anchor Point of the text layer, conform the text to the mask, then parent the text layer to a null at the center of your graphic. Also, parent the 5 blue blocks to the same Null. You could also use expressions to drive the rotation and add value + thisComp.layer("your rotating master layer name"). That expression could be applied to every rotating graphic if their anchor point was at the center of the graphic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i attached the timeline ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines