• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open a 2018 After affect project

New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to open an after effect file I created in 2018. I am currently using ae 2023 an in my creative cloud app the oldest verion that appears to be available to me is 2022, with which I get the warning:

"effect control conversion required in effect "Keylight (1.2)". Some effect controls will be reset. To avoid silently resetting these same effect controls on all subsequently loaded projects, save this project and then quit and re-launch After Effects."

and then it crashes. I have also opted to open the project in 2023 safemode with out plug in but it still crashes.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you have a version of AE old enough to use the Keylight settings before they were changed by the Effect creators, you will have to open the project and redo the Keylight Settings to generate a good key. The bad news is that it will take you a little time. The good news is that Keylight has improved considerably in the last five years, and you should be able to pull a much better key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me. It does seem to be the Keylight(1.2)  stopping me from opening the project. I get a warning asking me to save the project in order to avoid resetting these effects.  The problem is the project crashes before I can save it. I have been advised by Adobe support  The oldest version of AE I can get from them is  2021 and that has the same issue. Is there a way of disabling the Keylight Effect? I cant believe an  Adobe developer would want to make their products obsolete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try importing the old project into a new project instead of opening it directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines