• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Pre-compose/group layers the are wider than my composition?

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to group together multiple objects but together their width is wider than my composition so when I Pre-compose it slices off the sides of my grouping. How can I group these objects that as a whole are wider than my composition?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

One option is to enable the "Collapse Transformations" Switch for the nested Comp, allowing Layers outside of the visible area of the nested (upstream) Comp to be seen in the containing (downstream) Comp.

Collapse Transformations Switch enabled for nested CompCollapse Transformations Switch enabled for nested Comp

For more on this option, go to https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/precomposing-nesting-pre-rendering.html and scroll down to "Render order and collapsing transformations".

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to adjust the comp size of the pre-composition after the fact most of the time. AE's pre-compose logic is simply not smart enough to deal with this scenario. I believe there is a script that can help on AEScripts.com, so check the site.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One option is to enable the "Collapse Transformations" Switch for the nested Comp, allowing Layers outside of the visible area of the nested (upstream) Comp to be seen in the containing (downstream) Comp.

Collapse Transformations Switch enabled for nested CompCollapse Transformations Switch enabled for nested Comp

For more on this option, go to https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/precomposing-nesting-pre-rendering.html and scroll down to "Render order and collapsing transformations".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines