• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove all items from the Essential Graphics panel using scripting?

Participant ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello crazy people! I’ve been searching through the After Effects scripting documentation, but I’ve only found methods to add properties to the Essential Graphics panel. I’m looking for a way to remove or clear all items from the panel programmatically. Is there a workaround or a hidden method that would allow me to clear the Essential Graphics panel completely? I would appreciate any suggestions or guidance on how to achieve this. Thank you in advance for your help!

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no method through the API. Only undocumented workaround would be to save as an AEPX and edit the XML file offline, then open the project again, but this is pretty tedious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I know I am going to need more than one MOGRT from a comp I duplicate the comp, or use True Comp Duplicator if it is a complex comp with multiple nested comps, then Rename the duplicate and start working on the different versions of the Mogrt. 

I think a more helpful option may be to be able to Select a comp as you do now, then save the Name, then start a new MOGRT by simply selecting NEW, giving the new one a new name, and saving. You would end up with a blank EGP, and you could have many different MOGRTs created from the same comp, each with a different name. That would be a great way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines