Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to resize the default home screen window

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I am using a Windows 10 PC, with three monitors connected (an LG 4k, and old Dell 1920x1200, and a Huion Kamvas 13).  When I open After Effects, the Home Screen launches but it spans across all three screens, making almost impossible to read.  I can grad the edges and resize to use just my main monitor, but whenever the Home Screen launches again, it goes back to its default spanning all three screens.

Is there a way to change or fix this?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

No, there is no option to do that. Instead you can deactivate the home screen under Edit > Preferences > General and deactivate Enable Home Screen option. If you use the recent projects menu in the Home Screen and you deactivate it you can use the alternative File > Open recent option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no option to do that. Instead you can deactivate the home screen under Edit > Preferences > General and deactivate Enable Home Screen option. If you use the recent projects menu in the Home Screen and you deactivate it you can use the alternative File > Open recent option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jose.  Wish that there was an option to cusomize that window, but alas- I will deal with it for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Experiencing similar issue with two displays - HD (left, secondary) and 4K (right, primary) combo, AFX v. 22.6.0 @ Win 11 Pro. Whenever I resize it to fit my 4K-mon nicely, it always forgets the sizing for the next AFX launch (see screenshot).

Cuca228735430avz_0-1667809690481.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines