• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save After Effects video as SVG ?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm creating a simple animation which needs to be saved as an animated SVG. The animation is a circle that appears as if someone is drawing it. When I save this with Bodymovin, and check SMIL (svg) before I render, the only thing that is being saved is a pink box - the layer where I drew the circling stroke on is pink, but I've made the background transparent, for some reason it shows the pink background, and only the background when I save it. 

How can I save the animation so it will be saved as an animated SVG?
Grateful for answers!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects makes pixels, Only vector shapes can be exported as vectors using 3rd party plugins. Even then, the functionality is severely limited. You are trying to use the wrong tool. 

If you are trying to create animations for the web, you should use Adobe Animate. It is specifically designed to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply! The vector comment was really helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting files using Bodymovin is very limited and you should be sure that you don't use any effects or pixel elements that are not supported and can't be exported as SVG, check lottifiles for more help https://lottiefiles.com/plugins/after-effects 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing Lottie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines