• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set keyframes to music without the use of graphs

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to set keyframes to the music ode 'To joy' by Beethoven. The famous part also known as the European Union anthem. I need to set the keyframes at the precise moment each syllable is being pronounced by the choir.
After Effects is not able to decipher the choir from the rest of the orchestra, so it's not possible to set the keyframes according to the Waveform of the audio file. Making an Audio Amplitude layer, selecting the slider of one of the channels and switching on the 'Graph Editor'. And then trying to place the keyframes after the graph, doesn't work either.
So I was thinking, if I could start the audio file and then set the keyframes by tapping the mouse-button to the beat of the music. Is it possible to do that in After effects?
If I play the music file, the 'current time indicator' moves from start to finish accros the timeline. But if I could make it so the 'current time indicator' stood still and it was the 'timeline' that moved instead. Then I could just tap the mouse-button on the layer myself and in this way set the keynotes to the beat of the music. Is this possible? Hope you understand what I'm asking.
Or how about uploading choral music digital-sheets to After Effects? I can't read music-notes myself but I'm sure the information I need is in the music-sheet of the ode 'To joy'
every bit of help is always appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

You can set markers during previews using the * (multiply) key on the numpad. You still have to create the keyframes later, though. Otherwise your could use Motion Sketch creatively and people have been experimenting with MIDI and special scripts like this one:

https://aescripts.com/joysticks-n-sliders/

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set markers during previews using the * (multiply) key on the numpad. You still have to create the keyframes later, though. Otherwise your could use Motion Sketch creatively and people have been experimenting with MIDI and special scripts like this one:

https://aescripts.com/joysticks-n-sliders/

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a ton. That solves it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines