Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to share the AE file which imported the layers from psd

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ! First of all thank you so much for reading 

i have 15 psd files and i imported the many layers from each psd file to AE. Also, i imported the independent mp3 file

but i need to share this AE file to my colleague to revise something 

is there any way to share the AE file conveniently ? my colleague sent me the AE file but he sent all of the psd files together which makes it very heavy. whenever i share the AE file with someone, do i have to send those heavy psd files together ? 

is there a way to share the AE file more conveniently without damaging the resolution ?

In summary, my AE file import the layers from psd and independent mp3 . i want to share the AE file with others more conveniently

Thanks again and it will be very grateful if i can solve this problem !

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An After Effects Project file (and a Premiere Pro project file) only contains links to the source footage. You can use the File menu to consolidate and create copies of the original footage in a separate folder, but there is no way to share an AEP or a Premiere project without also sharing the original source footage (files).

You can consolidate, so that unused footage is not shared, but even if you only use one layer in a 100 layer PSD file, the original PSD file must be shared.

With many of my Clients I use Dropbox to store the original source files so they have easy access. With some, I use Google Drive. With others, we use proprietary file-sharing systems, so that transfer times and uploads are minimized.

I hope this helps. Just start by selecting the master Comp in the Project Panel then go to File/Dependencies and choose carefully and read the options. Often the first menu option is all that is needed. You will end up being asked to select a location to save the new AEP, and a Footage folder will be created with copies of the required footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines