Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to transform a shape into another

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'll try and be as descriptive as I can, and am willing to answer questions in order to get the answer.

I've recently had an idea for an animation, that'll start with a simple 3D illustration of a house, that jumps once, and as it hits the ground, it's turned into a cardboard box. Now, I have watched multiple videos on how to morph from one shape to another, but these are too liquid looking, and I am looking for that sharp transition, from a house into a box. I will ensure the carboard box follows the same shape and dimensions as the house, however, what is the best way to get this transition smooth? Do I need to illustrate multiple vectors of the house turning into a box, that'll then be sped up? Or will I simplify it but simply doing 2/3 basic illustrations of the house, and the box?

Again, fire questions away should you need to know more, as I know it can be hard to write your ideas out.

I can visualise it, I just cant figure out the method to do it.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing special to it. You still use shape morphs. The rest is just a matter of the keyframe timing, which is the point where you get things wrong due to your inexperience. Nothing stops you from tightening up the keys so your roof folds into the flat top of the box. That and of course likewise nothing stops you from fancying things up with additional animation on the lines' opacity, adding jitter and so on. That's really basic stuff. It's just that good animation timing cannot be learned from watching tutorials or reading books. You have to do it and practice, practice, practice to develop an intuition for what works and what doesn't.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines