Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to trim in German keyboard?

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm using Macbook Pro 2012 Middle model and it has German keyboard.

My laungage setting is English,Japanese and German.

I want to trim the video files with "option+[ " but which keys should I type in German keyboard?

I tried a lot but still cannot find.

Thanks.

Hosh

TOPICS
How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if you can't find the [ and ] buttons on your keyboard, use instead the "Split layer" function on after effects by using the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+D (which will split your layer where your playhead is) and then you can delete the portion of the layer that you don't want. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keyboard shortcut on a German keyboard to trim from or to the current playhead position is alt + Ö and alt + Ä

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this also does not work for me. how can it be that there is no answer to that in all of my google searches ? do german people don't use after effects or what ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to withdraw my advice from a year ago, this doesn't work anymore for some reason. But @EisTheEgg's advice offers a perfect solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I'm quite late, but I thought I'd help out some confused people in the future. Trimming works just like other keybinds, so changing them is easy.

Navigate to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts and search for "Trim Layer". You should see two commands; Trim Layer In Point to Current Time and Trim Layer Out Point to Current Time.

EisTheEgg_0-1651934533955.png

Click on the Alt + [ and Alt + ] buttons (make sure there's a blue outline on the button), and press your desired keys, which in my case were Alt+8 and Alt+9.

Hope this helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are my Hero and i love you 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me pressing simply Ä or Ö works fine.
After Effects 22.6 German and German keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines