• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i can not select a layer by clicking on it !

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi idk why this happening but when i work with after effect's  - after a while this happening that i want for example to select the body by clicking on it but it jump's to a specific layer and it selecting that one not body or other layers's that iam clicking on them ! i record a video too to show you what exactly i mean.

<iframe src="https://www.veed.io/embed/4c32a8ad-7858-42b8-8b9f-e05ef40a3dcd" width="744" height="504" frameborder="0" title="33.m4v" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

link : https://www.veed.io/view/4c32a8ad-7858-42b8-8b9f-e05ef40a3dcd?sharingWidget=true

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's likely because there is another layer that's boundaries are set within the location you want to select. Just select the layer in the timeline.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so should i change the boundry of that layet separatly? do it fix the problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you mean i should change the comp size of that specific layer by croping it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you / you helped alot with saying the reason . now i did precomposed that layer then i croped the comp and problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you have a large layer at the bottom of the layer stack. A larger layer selected anywhere in the layer stack will prevent you from selecting any smaller layer above or below the larger layer.

You should see a small four-cornered selection icon appear under the selection tool (v) when you hover over the object in the Composition panel.

RickGerard_0-1657486413034.png

Use Shift + / to see the entire composition, press Ctrl/Cmnd plus - (the minus key) to show more of the composition frame, scroll down the Layer list to see what layer is selected, lock that layer, and see if that does not solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines