• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't see the layers in my timeline.

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AfterFX_0PailAEc2I.png1UqYJougQH.pngAfterFX_7pWHScvyXd.pngAfterFX_CejWQdQCol.pngSo, everything is in the flowchart and, I can only see 1 text I added in my layer thingie, but i can't see the whole thing. I need help to fix it so i can see all the layers i made again.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're looking at flowchart view.  Simply close the flowchart window and, if necessary, open the composition preview window from the Window menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized i got it wrong, The thing is. I have Layers missing, you can see that i have a lot of stuff in my flow chart right? But the layers in my timeline are all missing and i'm trying to bring them back, i'm also having the overflow 17::19 error. And i can't change the fps of my project. I can't lose the work there for it is not mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If layers are missing, there's two possibilities.  

1 - They may be "shy"layers, click the icon of a little man's face in the timeline to toggle visibility of shy layers.  This is the likely option, if the layers are still visible in flowchart view.

2 - You've inadvertently deleted the layers.  Go back to an earlier saved version of the project to get them back.

When does the overlow error occur?  Is there a pattern or action that makes it happen?  Are there expression used in your composition?  How much RAM does your system have?

What happens when you try to change the frame rate of your comp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no shy layers and i didnnt delete it, cause it was an error caused by saving the project after trying to render it.
My system have 8GB of RAM. Wheni try to changethe  framerate, if it is a multiple, for example, if i try to change from 30 to 60 it doesn't show up the error, but layers are still missing. Other than that it shows up the error, and layers still missing. I think they are there somewhere, i just can't access them, otherwise why would it be in the flowchart?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you go back to a previous version of the project to verify if the missing layers are still there?

Are you sure you're looking in the correct composition's timeline, and not a precomp?

So you're saying you CAN change the frame rate, but only in multiples of 30?  But if you chnage to a differernt frame rate you get the Overflow error message?

Please provide clear, detailed answers.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I can't go back to previous versions, they're all gone. Yes I am very sure, as you can see in the screenshots it says "comp 1". I can basically change the framerate to anything i like, but oncei change it whenever i try and change it again to something tath is not a multiple of the previous saved fps it errors out.
 I think it is something to do with resolution and the images i'm using in the project. I could access the missing layers by pressing ctrl + a and pasting all of the layers in a different composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know its been over a year but did you get any answers to this issue?

I'm currently experiencing same problem.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am as well. I see all of my elements in the composition window just fine but I can't see any layers. 'Shy' is not turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem Happens to me when i have too many layers shown in timeline.. Shying not needed layers solve the problem. in your case i don't know the reason as its only 1 layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines