• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cant see my main comp when i'm inside my pre comp in after effects

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I double click to open one of my pre comps, it loads up fine, but i can't see the rest of the main comp when i am inside the pre-comp.

TOPICS
How to , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video doesn't show anything, just a blank desktop. But when your inside a pre-comp, why would you be able to see the main comp? the whole point of a pre-comp is to make like a sub comp. It's a part of the main comp, so you won't be able to see your main comp in a pre comp. Am I understanding correctly?

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you'd like to have more than one Viewer to see more than one Composition at a time (nested or otherwise), choose View > New Viewer.

View > New ViewerView > New Viewer

It's probably worth a few minutes to read up on Viewers in the After Effects User Guide, especially if you plan to save a new Workspace with more than one Viewer.

If you press Tab, After Effects displays the Mini-Flowcart showing the current Comp and any downstream (a Comp that contains the current Comp) or upstream (a Comp nested in the current Comp) Compositions.  Use the arrow keys to select a Comp in the Mini-Flowchart and then press Enter to go to that Comp.

Mini-Flowcart for Comp 2 showing Comp 3 downstream (the containing Comp) and Comp 1  upstream (the nested Comp)Mini-Flowcart for Comp 2 showing Comp 3 downstream (the containing Comp) and Comp 1 upstream (the nested Comp)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines