• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cant see my main comp when i'm inside my pre comp in after effects

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I double-click to open one of my pre-comps, it loads up fine, but I can't see the rest of the main comp when I am inside the pre-comp.
Uploaded by Dasch The Ducc on 2022-07-11.
TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Select the Composition panel, mouse over an empty part of the comp panel, and select New Viewer. This will bring up two views. You will have two comp viewers.

One composition panel will be locked, and the other will change depending on your chosen timeline. If you make changes in a nested comp, it will take a second or two to see the changes in the main comp. I usually lock the main comp so I can easily edit any nested comp (pre-comp) in the main comp.

Let us know if you have any problems wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Composition panel, mouse over an empty part of the comp panel, and select New Viewer. This will bring up two views. You will have two comp viewers.

One composition panel will be locked, and the other will change depending on your chosen timeline. If you make changes in a nested comp, it will take a second or two to see the changes in the main comp. I usually lock the main comp so I can easily edit any nested comp (pre-comp) in the main comp.

Let us know if you have any problems with the workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks! using the 2nd viewer did the trick for me with this project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines