• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I DONT WANT CINEMA 4D

New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i unistall this $*ù^= software every month !!! STOP AUTO-INSTALL SOFTWARE I DONT NEED ! do i have to check every month what you decide to install in my hard drive without my consent ? 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to submit your request to Adobe. This is a User Groups Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The C4D Lite and C4D rendering engine are critical parts of the integrated toolset for After Effects. If you don't want any of it you lose a bunch of functionality, and the disk space is nominal. Why the big fuss? Just curious. I use at least one of the features dependant on C4D about every other day. Most of my work is visual effects and compositing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like to be able to choose whether or not to install Cinema 4d. It's not part of my workflow, I use Blender for 3d as it's immensely better. And I don't need to use cinema within After Effecst. Can you please let your customers choose whether to install software or not?

In a while I will use Krita and Da Vinci instead of Photoshop and After.So I will also get this break to uninstall C4d every time After updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Rick, I just never use those "critical integrated toolset" because ... i don't care ! I also do compositing with exr file with multi layer from 3d applications, i have a nice workflow between after effect camera and my 3d scenes camera and items where i can make live adjustment  in both program and synch them in a breeze so using another 3d program with a specifique workflow and extreme limitation is a non sense for me, i see this like a near 1Gb of lost space on my system disk and a forced adware. 

Btw i found some solution : https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/remove-cinema-4d-plugin/td-p/9629421

I figth against this non sense adware for almost 4 years now, crying and complaining in different manner, sending mail to customer service and nobody cares, just for a checkbox at the installation. Maybe it's not so simple as that but anyway. Maybe i will chose to migrate to a more friendly tool soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imgine this: every time you go to a gas station to refuel your car someone packs your car full with sht you don't want or need, so you have to remove all the sht and clean your car every time.  would that be ok?

jeva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jeva72 wrote:

imgine this: every time you go to a gas station to refuel your car someone packs your car full with sht you don't want or need, so you have to remove all the sht and clean your car every time.  would that be ok?

The more accurate analogy is comparing buying a new car today to a new car 50 years ago. Today's car is packed with far more wiring, a lot more computer chips and sensors, a lot more safety equipment, and a lot more features in general. Many of us don't want all of those features, or wish we could tell them to leave them out of the car. But if you go buy a new car, there is a very high number of features that cannot be removed, you can not order a car without them. Any customization is very limited.

You get that with your operating system too. Maybe you never use voice recognition, a news feed, direct share to social media, or cloud syncing, but you cannot exclude many MB of those features from your OS installation. They take up space every day because you can’t remove them, and they might even sit there in your Process Manager taking up a little RAM and CPU. At least (I think) Cinema 4D doesn’t use up system resources when not running.

That's all this is. It’s not really common any more to leave out components. Most companies just throw them all in.

It might not be OK, but it is very, very hard to avoid today.

It was a lot more common in the 1990s for installers to let you pick and choose some components. In general, software installers from many companies today have removed “custom installs” where you could leave out this or that. They probably caused too many installation variations for testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bloody hell! even a 0.1 update and it installs gigs of this cr@p again. what the hell can I do to make it stop?!

anyone here from the EU? I'm sure this is against some EU rule ... 

jeva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it can't be done, C4D Lite is part of the installer package for AE, just like Mocha AE, the Cycore (CC) plug-ins, and the previously available Color Finesse plug-in. All plug-ins are/were a result of partnerships to extend After Effects' toolset—this is just how AE operates. You can post on the AE UserVoice here (I wouldn't be surprised if one already exists that you can vote on), but it doesn't seem likely that this will change. The Cineware plug-in that ships with AE uses the C4D render engine, which means C4D needs to be installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you run mocha separately? can you run c4d separately? here is your answer. 

jeva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean. You can't launch either Mocha AE or C4D Lite separately. Both have to be launched through AE. I understand you don't want one (or both) of these things installed, but this is just how the toolset works. They provide a huge value to folks that don't have Mocha Pro or a full subscription for C4D, so unfortunately, there's no better answer here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.maxon.net/en/article/cinema-4d-lite-r25-now-available

"Cinema 4D Lite can be launched within After Effects and independently as a standalone application."

jeva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can run C4D separately, but I've just got a new PC and you have to sign up for the trial if you do so, rather than through After Effects.  Even inside AE you have to register to use it.  I'm not a huge fan either (I used to be).

If it helps think of it this way: it only takes up a 1Gb of your hard drive and for that, you get the C4D renderer inside AE - which makes text extrusion simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I believe it used to be the case where C4D lite could only be launched from AE, but even if that's not true, my original point is really that this is just the way the software works and we don't get to pick and choose which modules we want installed. Personally, I found it very annoying that prior to C4D lite being upgraded to R25, I was forced to have R23 installed on my machine all the time, even though I was on the latest version at the time, whcih was S24. I can't tell you how many times I manually uninstalled R23 before realizing that the daily public beta builds I was getting were reinstalling it. After I uninstalled R23 a handful of times I realized what was going on and left it alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines